Professional Machine Quilting Services
If you are a quilt maker I would love to finish your quilt top for you.
If you would love a custom quilt but don’t sew – I can help you find a quilt top and finish it for you. Some great places to look include
- etsy – search for quilt top or vintage quilt top
- Pattern Jam – ready to quilt printed panels suitable for use as a quilt top and the ability to design your own
- Grandma’s attic – if you have a family member who sews or who did, see what they have lying around
When you decide to send me a quilt top; please send an email first with a few photos & ideas (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you are local in the KC area we can meet in person to discuss as well.
- Machine Basting 3″ squares for hand quilters – $0.0075/sq inch
- All over free hand stipple, meander, loops moderately dense and simple pantographs – $0.015/sq inch
- Complex pantographs, higher density free hand design, slightly detailed designs including some ruler work (geometric or curved designs) in highlight areas – $0.02/sq inch
- All over use of rulers (baptist fans, geometric designs), detailed & high density fills such as pebbles – $0.025/sq inch & up
Some items may incur additional charges such as unique/special order threads & machine binding.
How to estimate costs
Measure your quilt top. We will use 60×60 as an example.
- 60×60 = 3,600 sq in (multiple your length & width)
- Basic quilting will run $0.015/sq in = so 3600*0.015 = $54
- If you purchase batting from me I stock 93″wide Quilters’ Dream batting for $10-16/yard depending on fabric & loft. You would need approximately 2 yards for the sample 60×60 quilt.
- Return shipping will be billed to you and will be about $15-20 dependent upon quilt size, weight etc.
What should you send to me
- Quilt Top
- Backing (sewn if necessary)
- Batting if you don’t purchase from me
- Binding if you want your binding attached to the front of the quilt
- Any ideas or sketches you want me to utilize
Small Print Details
- Shipping is buyers’ responsibility both to & from me
- I will bill you at quilt completion & will ship when the bill has been paid in full.